The FRĒ by LifeProof is a waterproof case that will protect your iPhone 7 against the elements.
+ Reasons to buy the FRĒ
+ Users love the design, fit, sleekness and durability of the FRĒ. Although the case is rugged, it feels slim and light.
+ The FRĒ has full coverage protection including a built-in screen protector. The case has an IP68 rating which means it can be used for complete and continuous submersion under water. LifeProof have also tested the case to meet MIL-STD 810G so it can survive multiple drops and impact from 2 meters. The case is also dirtproof and snowproof.
+ The volume and sleep/wake buttons provide great tactile feedback. The sensitivity of the touchscreen and Touch ID is good.
+ Many users find that the sound and voice quality is the best among waterproof cases.
+ Users like that there is an attachment for a wrist strap on the case.
- Reasons not to buy the FRĒ
- Although users find the FRĒ to be a great waterproof and durable case, their main complaint is that others find it difficult to hear them speak when they call. Users describe that they sound muffled and that they often have to put on the speaker or use earbuds to be properly heard.
- Several users complain about the screen protector. They find it difficult to install due to dust getting between the screen protector and iPhone 7 screen as well as air bubbles occurring. The other issue is that the plastic that covers the home button is flimsy.
- Some users find that they can feel and hear the screen protector when they use the touchscreen as it does not sit flush with the iPhone 7 screen. This can also cause mild Newton Rings, the "rainbow effect", to occur. The screen protector is also reflective in bright light and the clarity of the screen is not the best.
- Many users find that the case interferes with the front camera and this creates images of bad quality.
- The back cover can be slick and hard to hold. It also scratches easily.