The Defender Series Case by Otterbox is an ultra rugged case that will protect your iPhone 7 from the toughest environments. It's Otterbox's most protective case.
+ Reasons to buy the Defender Series Case
+ Users describe the case as a beast and a tank. They have full confidence in it protecting their iPhone 7 from repeated drops and tumbles. For many users, if you need an ultra rugged case, the Defender Series Case is the best solution.
+ Users love the protection that the Defender Series Case provides. The case is built tough with full-coverage protection and features three-layers of construction: inner shell, outer slipcover and touchscreen protector. Otterbox do not rate their cases to Military Standards, but to their own standard, Otterbox Drop+ Certification. Their certification includes 24+ tests and 238+ hours of testing.
+ Although the case is big, its not excessively bulky in relation to the protection it provides.
+ The Defender Series Case comes with a holster that works as a belt clip and hands-free kickstand.
- Reasons not to buy the Defender Series Case
- The main issue with the Defender Series Case is with the screen protector. It is difficult to install due to dust getting between the screen protector and iPhone 7 screen as well as air bubbles occurring. The other issue is that the plastic that covers the home button is flimsy and causes Touch ID to not work well.
- Some users find that they can feel and hear the screen protector when they use the touchscreen as it does not sit flush with the iPhone 7 screen. This can cause reduced screen sensitivity and mild Newton Rings, the "rainbow effect", to occur.
- For some users, the case is excessively bulky and heavy. This is felt more so for the iPhone 7 given its streamlined and thin design.
- Several users complain that their case, specifically the edges, discolor with minimal use. This is most apparent with lighter colored cases. They also find that the case gets dirty easily.
- The port covers can be torn off with use and accessing the lighting port can be challenging.
- The camera cutout does not protect the camera. There is no material to shield the camera from any outside interference.
- The case is difficult to install and remove.
- The Defender Series Case is not waterproof.